Thread: Koufax?
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 04:22 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrusRCobb View Post
Shelly, is the ball not bad? Do you not find it odd that a Koufax ball would not be shipped in a protective ball holder? Did I ever say anything other than I found the lack of a ball holder odd? Did I ever indicate that I was considering purchasing it? Going off of your advice and noticing it being talked about in an earlier thread, I did my own research and watched the Real Sports piece. It was fascinating as I had no idea your actions were so very damaging to the hobby. Really Shelly, an entire warehouse of crap only covering 10% of the garbage you helped send into the market? Impressive sir, impressive. What daring, what greed, what callous disregard for the hobby and those you helped steal from! I don't think that you "should have known it was bad because it had no holder." More than likely you knew it was bad because it was one of the pieces of crap that you had a part in. Yet you have the gall to make comments about who can and can't be trusted in the industry. You've done your time? You now want to help the hobby? How much restitution did you pay Shelly? You want to help? Sit back and start cutting checks to all of the people you took advantage of. I don't know much about collecting but I do indeed know what it means to be a decent person and you sir are not. Henceforth I will no longer respond to your posts. Enjoy your day.
For one thing I think Shelly tried to help you, perhaps more then you realized.
Though you did not say you were going to buy the ball, most times when a newbie posts a picture here, it is usually a picture of something that they are considering buying. Perhaps a little misunderstanding there among the folks posting on this thread.
But I have to admit a with all the stuff about a ball holder. That was a bit much.
I believe you can contact FBI agent Tim Fitzsimmons for the information regarding the restitution that Shelly has made. Tim is in Tucson. Tell him I told you to call. The restitution was made to virtually all of the people that bought from him.
And I know for an absolute fact that Shelly has done more in a week to combat forgeries then most anyone else in the hobby has done in a lifetime. We have worked together on this, so this is not a statement made out of speculation or rumor or third hand story telling. I know it for a fact. He also was instrumental in saving $85,000 for the owner of that ridiculous promo card of Ruth, Johnson, Cobb, Wagner autographs that contained two forgeries and was put out by Upper Deck. Made us all wonder who was buying autographs for them and who were they buying from. And if anyone wants to see how ridiculous Upper Deck got in what they were buying go to my blog at www.richardsimonsports.com/hofauto2.htm and scroll down a ways. Look at all the embarrassing stuff that UD bought.
I am glad to state that Shelly is a friend of mine, as most here know, and that we share anger toward the thieves of this hobby, love of movies (he shares that more with DanC then with me but it is an occasional subject of conversation) and love of liberal politics and bemusement at Mitt Romney. (sorry Leon I won't be bringing politics to the board again, it is just one little sentence and I won't bring it up again).
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 08-12-2012 at 05:05 PM.