View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 11:00 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bocabirdman View Post
Pete, again this was written tongue in cheek, please don't take it as serious complaining. Everything I wrote though, this side of the snakeoil salesan bit, was included because of serious threads debating such things....

And for those that have not been on this board very long, it is worth noting that several GOOD hobby changes have come about because of the alarmists on Net54baseball. I agree that the overwhelming majority of folks in our hobby are really good, honest people. However, in a somewhat unregulated hobby with billions of dollars there will be fraud. It is on us to catch and expose it. In the last 7-8 yrs the authorities have done an admirable job in helping too. However, they are fighting with an under-staffed army in my opinion. If we all do our part to oust the fraud the hobby will be great for many more generations to come. And lastly, I don't mind reiterating the fact that EVERYONE is legally liable for what they say on the internet in public forums (and elsewhere I suppose).