View Single Post
Old 08-19-2012, 03:54 AM
Bill Hedin

Default hi Jay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Wolt View Post
The CU message board is run by CU and naturally doesn't want any negative talk posted about their product.
No different if you went to a restaurant sat down and complained that the food sucks.
They will ask you to leave.

Naturally on a board like N54 which isn't run by PSA, SGC, Beckett, GAI etc...
You can speak your piece and get your message across.
Hi Jay,
Good point, my friend! I still open new wax, and I use Blowout Cards forum to trade or buy the new Red Sox cards which I'm "obsessed with,lol".
I did not read their rules, shame on me, and I listed a wax box for sale. Well, they ripped my post down in 2 seconds and I then read the rules!

To the larger picture on this thread, when I first started to use ebay, I bought something from Probstien123 and I was impressed with his business. The sheer volume was amazing to me.
Well, right after I paid for my lot, I got a very pleasant phone call from Rick, who it turns out used to live near me here in the suburbs of Boston, and he attended my shows years earlier. We had a great chat (as you know, I talk too much because I'm home 24/7!), and I will never forget how nice and polite he was to me, a buyer of a 10$ or less card! Before hanging up, he asked me what he could do to help me with my collection; whether buying it, selling it for me or selling me cards. He went out of his way to make a great impression, and his offers were sincere, serious, and this is how he gets such a following.

As to the grade jumping, I'm sure lots of people buy and re-submit.

Well, that's my 2 cents!
Have a great weekend. And Jay, I've been admiring your tremendous selection of vintage non-sport cards! You, my friend, have some amazing stuff.
Everyone have a great Sunday.
Your Friend,
Bill Hedin
Framingham, MA