View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 03:55 PM
Weingarten's Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
PSA and JSA don't get bashed just for being PSA & JSA......they get bashed for their incompetence, their know it all attitude, their inability to know basic authentication procedures, their authentication of laser prints, items manufactured after the death of players, autographs were their are no known exemplers, wife, ghost, batboy, managers, etc...etc. Just their pure incompetence for being...as they state...the world's largest authentication company....and by implied reference...the best.

Of course....a lot of people just think they suck...period.
With the pure volume of sigs authenticated out there(by psa and jsa), they are bound to make mistakes just like everyone else. It is not an exact science. I am pretty sure that the "experts" on here bashing them have made mistakes too and taken money doing it. Actually, I think examples were even posted on here before. Maybe one should ask themselves how they had proven items authentic that were in fact not?? I wonder if those same "experts" were given a chance to authenticate the same volume, and say psa or jsa hired a sorry soul to spend all of his/her free time to look for their mistakes(or potential mistakes), if the percentage of mistakes would be lower. I would bet NOT. Collectors.. be careful what you ask for is all I gotta say. This particular piece, was part of a lot(which David shared). This is obviously a variable. So for those who think "how can psa authenticate a 2 letters".. well there is your answer. I bet you think it is impossible to give an OPINION of TY in a Ty Cobb letter too huh??? Ridiculous..

Www.weingartensvintage.com

https://www.facebook.com/WeingartensVintage

http://www.psacard.com/Articles/Arti...ben-weingarten

ALWAYS BUYING BABE RUTH RED SOX TYPE 1 PHOTOGRAPHS--->To add to my collection