View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 06:22 PM
Jim M.arinari

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickyardkennedy View Post
By your description, it WAS flimsy shipping. That being the case, you were merely being accurate. If he sticks to this type of packing, eventually he will have a problem that could have been avoided if he had been more conscientious in his packing. If the seller is smart and cares about retaining customers, he'll fix it. I'd rather he charge a couple of bucks for shipping and do it right.
I agree. But I feel it is NOT appropriate to address your concerns of the future in feedback. A simple email to the seller would suffice. Below is an email exchange I had yesterday with a seller:

Dear (seller),
Although item is described as New (other), button was missing one tip, and rubber grommet was torn at one of the interior holes. It is usable, but I figured you should know.
- Me

Dear Me,
These did come to us new - but I don't always look at them closely prior to shipping. I'll get you a replacement out with todays mail.
Cheers
Seller

Dear Seller,
I just reused my old button and the grommet you sent was better than the one I had so don't worry about it. I just figured I'd let you know to avoid future problems.
- Me

Dear Me,
You are getting another one. lol But you are correct in thinking that I needed to know. It'll help me in making sure that no one else gets a damaged part and I thank you for the clues in what I need to look for.

Thanks!
Seller