View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 05:10 PM
Mark O.
Mark Og.ren

Ken, I do thank you for the removal of the auction lot which contained the questionable signed Rocky Marciano gloves. No, I don’t expect you to hop to just because a post was made regarding the authenticity of the item. My only goal was to post the information and evidence I had which contradicted the authenticity of this item. As for PSA/DNA, I do not have the same opinion as yourself, do not respect them and have seen many questionable authentications and rejections made by them. This one to me was so atrocious and unjust that I felt obligated to make a post about it before someone was financially harmed. My invite for them to participate on the thread was sincere and I was looking forward to debating them on how they came to the conclusion that the Marciano signed gloves were authentic. I can’t imagine them having any supporting evidence and question their motive in authenticating these particular items. By their own choice they chose not to participate. I did not have to come see them in person to acquire the opinion that these items are not genuine as far as the autograph is concerned. When compared to late 1960’s or any other era of Marciano’s signature the signed gloves did not show resemblance and had many inconsistencies.
Your comment…
“ however in this instance feel that too many individuals in the boxing community feel so strongly that this cannot be Marciano’s autograph that we pulled the item. We will ALWAYS make the correct decision with anything we list in our auctions, and anything we feel we need to remove in our auctions.”
…. I can assure you, speaks volumes in the “boxing community” and your faith in us is much appreciated. PSA/DNA does not make an autograph real, nor does my name, Travis name or anyone else’s for that matter.
Ken, thanks again and pardon my delayed response as I was on earlier making another rant and did not notice your thread, you were not being ignored. Also thanks to Jim and Mike for your assistance and opinion.
Ken, also, Travis and myself did do a good going through with these autographs (See below what we comb through) and weren’t just blowing smoke or participating in a witch hunt against a TPA. We’re constantly collecting, documenting, agreeing, disagreeing. What PSA does, we just don't know?

Thumbs up!!
http://www.goldinauctions.com/

Best,
Mark O.