View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 09:40 PM
Scott

I don't think number of cards known is the reason because you had a PSA 5 sell for $40K last year and two Authentic cards (one supposedly cut from sheet - but PSA would not actually grade that if true, and one with color added) each sold for $30K. The card that just sold has been sold multiple times and is not a new discovery. So we still have less than 10 examples known. I guess we will know more when another Graziano comes up for sale. Would love to know what that 6.5 sold for. I am going to throw out a wild guess of $75K, since it is a full 1.5 grades higher than any other version. Unfortunately we will probably never see that card for sale publicly.

Since all Wagners sold have commanded $400K or more the last several years, the Graziano still seems like a bargain (relatively speaking of course!). I've spoken with several friends mostly into baseball cards and they have now heard about this card. As the lore gets further into the mainstream, I think the chase will continue to push prices up. Hopefully not before I can afford one. It is one of the few national release, base set cards with a small population. Wagner is one of the only other examples. Everything else is regional, an error, variation or test set.