View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 09:30 AM
Ted Zanidakis

Default O/T....Why has the Rock-n-Roll HOF snubbed CHICAGO ?

Since we are taking polls on such irrelevant topics as legalizing "Mary-Jane"...... then I think this subject is worthy of discussion on this forum,
especially since the R & R HOF this month is permitting the populace to participate in voting for the 2013 inductees into the R & R HOF.

Anyhow, I have followed "Rock" ever since Bill Haley & the Comets' "Rock Around The Clock"....circa 1954.

My all-time favorite band is CHICAGO. They started with this classic 1st album of their's in 1969....The Chicago Transit Authority

Notable Songs...... “Beginnings,” “Saturday In The Park,” “Feeling Stronger Everyday,” “Just You ‘N’ Me,” “Call On Me,” “You’re The Inspiration",
“If You Leave Me Now,” “Baby What A Big Surprise,” “Hard To Say I’m Sorry”

Which includes their 2 signature Songs "Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is ?" & “25 or 6 to 4". The meaning of this song remained
a mystery to me for many years. Several years ago, Frank Wakefield clarified the significance of "25 or 6 to 4".

Whatever, today's question to any of you......Why isn't this tremendous Jazz-Rock group in the R & R HOF ?

Furthermore, why not the.....Doobie Brothers, or Hall & Oates, or Kiss, or Three Dog Night.....or other great Rock groups ? ?

T-Rex TED

Last edited by tedzan; 11-19-2012 at 09:00 AM.