View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 01:35 PM

Ty:
Thanks for posting on the thread and yes, I do agree with you that establishing value for a "one of a kind" piece like this can be difficult. You can find past sales for authentic World Series Lineup cards as low as $1,500 and as high as $165,000. Every card is unique in it's own right depending on which World Series game it is from and which team it is for. Yes, I have spoke with most of the larger Auction shops. Before I had the MLB footage photo matches, I believe your assessment would not have been to far off. The consistent feedback I have received from all of the auction houses is the equation changed dramatically once the card was authenticated with photos from MLB footage. Because this would be a fairly easy item to counterfeit, the card's provenance is crucial in establishing the value. Buying a Lineup card from today's era is simple with the MLB authentication process however it was not in existence in 1982. Buying a Game 7 World Series Lineup card from the winning team in 1982 and being 100% certain it is authentic is very difficult to achieve and thus reflects a certain level of valuation. Given that this is the circumstance here, I fully expect to see the item achieve that dollar amount or more.
Regards,
Scott