View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 11:14 AM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
There is no doubt you are correct. The Quincy Carter years were the most frustrating of all.

The argument against Romo is that he folds when you need a big game out of him - getting two in a row is impossible. The quarterback leads the team, and when the team is as inconsistent as Dallas (great game one week, followed by horrible the next, repeat the previous ad infinitum...), year after year during the same QB's tenure, you've got to take a closer look. I would be curious to hear Romo's explanation.

I think it's the entire team atmosphere, and it starts with Jerry Jones at the top.

Obviously Romo is a part of that, but unless the Cowboys tank a season a franchise QB is coming out of college, there's not a lot of "better" options for them.

Franchise QB's rarely become available in Free Agency, Manning only recently because of his neck injury.

He reminds me a lot of Danny White. A very good QB (statistically nearly as good as Roger Staubach during the regular season), who wilted in several playoff situations...........and Cowboys fans hated him for not being Roger.