View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 06:57 PM
John Otto
J0hn Ot.to

Default Trimmed Cards on Ebay

I have bought hundreds of cards on Ebay, and really enjoy doing so, and up until this month, have never run into a trimmed card. I know, I know, buy slabbed cards, no problems...problem is I don't like slabbed cards. I collect cards I can touch, feel, and I am a set collector. Cards for me go into binders, and I am not really caring about resell...so yes, shame on me, lol. Call me old school, and I am not doing this to invest, simple collector.

So even though buying raw lends me to being shanked, it certainly doesn't make it right when it happens. I have now had 3 trimmed cards in the last month! Looking at the pictures now, I should have known, it seems pretty obvious. What stinks is a very reputable Ebayer sold me the Koufax actually mentioned "a lot of my 63 Fleers are turning up trimmed". I couldn't believe it. BTW, this card was trimmed more than 1/8th of an inch! I took it out of the envelope and it was immediately obvious. I won't say the name as they are offering a full refund and paid to have is shipped back. The Boyer card came today, and from someone I have bought a lot of cards from...I am hoping I get the same service.

Anyhow, was wondering if others are having issue's too...or was it a fluke to have three in one month? Even if the seller takes care of the issue, does it warrant Negative feedback for trying to slip it in anyhow? The Koufax would be evident to a 10 year old, so unless the seller didn't pack it himself, he would have known what was shipped. I hate leaving anything but positive on Ebay (in 10 plus years I have only done it once), but should others be warned?

EDIT - After seeing the Boyer pic blown up like this, I must have been drunk at the keyboard when I bought that...the top is ridiculous...I'm an idiot...lol

Last edited by Harliduck; 11-23-2012 at 07:29 PM.