View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 06:08 PM
Clayton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abravefan11 View Post
Clayton - You hit the nail on the head. Many people fall into the "looks like a duck/must be a duck" camp. When in actuality there are other factors beyond the cards appearances that contradict them being part of the same set.

It's difficult to sway anyone's opinion on the subject as there are enough key points to craft an argument for or against.
Thanks Tim, I appreciate that.

Barry, you're welcome, but I'm sure you thought the same thing And, it's the only thing I could come up with; I'm no expert by any means.

TedZ.- I'm probably wrong, but I've always been on the fence about these cards being "pack stiffeners".....I'm probably alone on this, but sometimes it doesn't make sense to me. First, the cards aren't that "thick" (in my opinion);I don't know how effective they would be as "stiffeners". Second, if they were stiffeners, why wouldn't Polar Bear cards be "thicker" than say, Piedmont or Sweet Caporal (or, any other T206 brand cards)? I would think that since they were packaged in pouches, they would make PB's thicker? And finally, what did Piemont (or any of the other T206 brands) use as a pack stiffener before T206 cards? It surely wasn't these coupons, they are paper thin.

These are some of the things that make it hard for me to believe that they would go out of there way to use a whole different paper stock, on this 1st series T-213, but still intend it to be a T206. It's just one of the things that don't make sense to me. Add on the fact that you have the other two series of Coupon, which seem to be a direct result of differentiating (intentionally) this series APART from T206,,,and this isn't even getting into T206 350 subject series.....

Just my thoughts, I just don't think these cards were meant to be T206's.

Thanks for the replies, I love this topic

Sincerely, Clayton
Attached Images
File Type: jpg T206 175.jpg (30.9 KB, 312 views)
File Type: jpg T206 176.jpg (32.1 KB, 314 views)