View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOF Auto Rookies View Post
Good points, it certainly does help with recover and I certainly looked at that route when I got injured. But regardless if you take steroids, doesn't make you better. Matt Lawton, Chuck Knoblauch, it did nothing for them. You still need to have the God given skillsets, and steroids don't change your genetic code or your muscle type fibers, so you still need to be able to see the ball and hit the ball. Does not help optical focal or hand eye coordination.
I was on steroids this spring (prescribed for a torn tendon, prior to surgery this summer). Initial diagnosis was tendonitis, I could not run without limping and having it swell up. I got a steroid shot from the doctor and within 8 hours I was playing basketball, with no pain. This would last for 2-3 weeks, then it would swell. Got a second steroid shot, playing softball, basketball, and soccer - no pain.

That is the benefit of steroids, quick recovery from injuries, including serious ones like mine where the outside tendon in the foot was torn in half and required surgery in June which has taken 5 months to recover from.