View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaddurbin View Post
with richard chiming in that about wraps it up. i want to thank everyone that took the time to respond, especially chris who initially told me he didn't like it. i was hoping the sig to be good as i thought it went for a low price, but alas...

i was planning to make another donation to red cross after the verdict from jim good/bad but he stayed away from the thread for whatever reason, but i've done so to the disaster relief and am grateful for all the opinions.

p.s. thx to leon for giving us an opportunity to play, jim for the brilliant idea, and richard for giving his opinion from the emergency room

Thank you for your contribution ! Sorry if it seemed like I stayed out of it intentionally but the issues I have with it one way or the other really could not be addressed without your having the item in hand. Basically Kevin's response would echo my own. But here are the points I'd be looking at.

1) I would REALLY hope that the item was examined OUT of the frame before sold. I have to think any responsible autograph guy would do that
2) In the photo it appears the pen ran off the left side of the photo, I would look for excess ink on the edge as runoff
3) Actual stress marks indentations in the photo itself
4) In the portion of the salutation and signature under magnification where the lines intersect there should be a slightly darker halo
5) And I would want to examine the reverse