View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 08:54 AM
Steve K@mmɘyɘr

I made an attempt to run an ebay "business" about 10 years ago and gave it up for much the same reasons. Yes, some people are just ignorant.

I recently started selling things on ebay again and sure enough, within a week I had my first "idiot". (I mean that very lightly, as we ALL make mistakes)

I was selling an item as "new open box" and clearly stated in my description that since the box was already open (this was a bathroom exhaust fan) i took everything out of the box, tested the fan, made sure all the parts/pieces were there, put everything back in the box, and sealed it back up. The buyer left me negative feedback saying "it looks like the box has been opened before and i think the fan was used".

Jeez ........ wow.

Luckily I was able to point the buyer to the big bold letters in my item description that he never read and he was able to revise the feedback. I got lucky on that one, but unfortunately I know it I won't always get lucky like that. Some people just don't read, and then get defensive when you point that out to them.

Last edited by sdkammeyer; 12-15-2012 at 08:54 AM.