View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 05:51 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post
At the risk of jinxing myself, I have never had a buyer ask for a partial refund. What possible reason would they have for even asking?

I've had some knuckleheads who can't read, and in particular one SOB from Philly who returned items on a whim until I blocked him. But so far, that's the worst.

Ken
Partial refund fishers will make up reasons to ask for a partial refund which is why they hardly ever return the item. I once had a buyer do that to me twice saying the item was damaged in shipping....the first time I gave the partial refund and just went about my business...when he purchased from me again a few months later he claimed the same thing..I recognized his name and asked him for photos...he never replied to me at all, so I just went ahead and blocked him. Then a few months later he tried to bid on another of my items and got pissed off that he was blocked. He sent me a nasty email and said the item would have sold for ten times what it sold for if he'd been allowed to bid. I just ignored him...Maybe a month or so later he requested my contact info from ebay. I sent him an email telling him if he uses my address for anything I would call his local police. Haven't heard a thing since then. Ebay is full of weirdos.