View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 09:06 PM
Perry Lin

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelly View Post
What about the people that can't. Let them get ripped off. I really am confused about your statement.
Your previous post suggested that you were not comfortable doing business with them. My comment was just a response to that. you seem to know your stuff and there is no reason why you shouldn't do business with them if you found something you wanted at a good price.

In terms of reputation, I think we can all agree that they are not a fraud house only selling fakes originating from Florida. They seem to do their best at authentication. Im not saying that some bad lots may not fall through the cracks but how many? They have 1600 lots this auction. 1% is 16 bad lots. I would think less than 16 lots are bad. Just a guess. Those percentages are pretty good in the grand scheme of things. We all take chances when we buy stuff. Even our favorite restaurants have bad nights. I bought a 2013 ford escape and it has had 3 major recalls in less than 6 months. There is no guarantee in life. They seem as good and probably better than ebay, which is where most uneducated consumers buy memorabilia from. In the financial world, alternative investments can only be made by sophisticated or accredited investors. If you're buying high end autos, then most of the buyers in that market can do their own homework, get 2nd or 3rd opinions. I dont find premier any better or worse than most auction houses.