View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 12:18 AM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJJ View Post
My wife sold a $600 handbag on eBay via auction a few weeks ago. The buyer asks to send it back. Even though we had listed "no returns", and a dozen high resolution photos, we agree to take the bag back.

The bag arrives back in a box with a hole the size of my arm.

The bag was severly damaged by the shards of the cardboard hole, and hitting surroundings while in transit.

I email the buyer to inform her about the damage in shipping, due to the gaping hole in the box. She writes that she didn't think the hole would cause damage.

In other words, she purposely shipped a $600 bag in a box with a big hole. and with no insurance.

And here's the kicker, even though she admitted via ebay messages to sending back the bag in a box with a gaping hole, ebay's initial decision was in her favor. I am now in the appeals process, trying to explain to morons at eBay, that just because someone makes a (bs) claim of 'item not as described', that this does not give an individual the right to destroy the item, and then receive a full refund.

How does the buyer, and apparently at least one person at eBay, think it is reasonable to ship back an item, and an expensive delicate item at that, in a box with a huge hole?

Yeah, of the few returns I've gotten back, in almost every case it was shipped back way flimsier then I sent it out in, and damaged in the process.

I had one guy buy a boxing record book from me. For some reason he didn't look at the picture or read the description because he called and complained that the book was a softcover. A Hardcover of this book doesn't exist. He wanted to return it.

I sent it to him in protective packaging in a box, he sent it back to me in a paper bag. The cover on the book was completely trashed. At first I thought it got trashed in shipping, but after looking at it closer I became convinced he simply upgraded his lower condition copy with my higher condition copy and I got a piece of trash in return.

Had another guy send me a Muhammad Ali iron on back to him because it wasn't a decal. Reinforced packing on the way to him. Put in a letter envelope with a stamp and completely trashed by the time it got back to me.