View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 02:28 PM
John Otto
J0hn Ot.to

Thanks all!

Cobb...you'll have fun with those SP Highs for sure...I did love the challenge and set price goals for each one. Some at times are not even on Ebay, crazy to do a search and nothing comes up. The Ron Perranoski was like that at times. The Gaylord Perry is crazy, and so is the Grant rookie. I got lucky and met a fellow collector from Washington who lost his shop in the 90's and had about 15 of them when I needed about 30 left and we met up and gave me a really great deal. Great guy, and it was fun to talk 66 topps with someone. I got my Grant from him...btw...I do have a double on #568, PM me your address and I will send it over. When I get doubles I just give them away. The 568 isn't a SP, its a little OC but a really tight cornered card and if your binder looked like mine did for a while, it will add some color to those empty sheets at the end of your binder! Haha.

Leon...I need 42 for the 1970 set, started that when the 66s highs started bogging down, but now that I am done, I am trying to decide between the 64s and 68s. I have the 69s, so I think I should start working down, but I love those 64s and just picked up the Mantle. Most likely 68s...I need to get a "lot" of commons to get me started! (I have the Ryan RC, great start). Once I get these 60s done I will most likely move on the REAL cards you guys collect, I can feel the itch already..

Last edited by Harliduck; 12-26-2012 at 02:29 PM.