View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 03:36 PM
Derek 0u3ll3tt3

Default WWTB: 1983 Donruss HOF Heroes Roy Campanella, ++

I realize that probably not a lot of people paid the $200+ to have Campy sign his '83 Donruss HOF Heroes card at one of his machine-assisted signings. I assume most people spent that kind of money on bats, balls, photos, etc. However, Campy is the only possible signed card I need from this set, which was produced in early-to-mid 1983 by Donruss and featured Dick Perez artwork for various HOF members. If anyone has Campy's card from this set, signed nicely in blue sharpie, I am very interested.

I am also looking for a signed 1987 Leaf Candy City Pee Wee Reese card. This set was produced in support of the Special Olympics and featured the same design as the 1983 set, but featured a few players not in the original release, including Reese.

Last, in 2004, Donruss included an insert set in their Diamond Kings product that mimicked the 83D HOF Heroes style. The artwork was not done by Perez, and the cards are serially #'d and somewhat glossy. Coupled with the fact that there are a couple real toughies in the set (Puckett and Carter), I am not collecting these as actively. I am however willing to entertain offers if anyone has some they are interested in selling. I need the following players from this subset:

George Brett
Mike Schmidt
Nolan Ryan
Carl Yastrzemski
Carlton Fisk
Ozzie Smith
Kirby Puckett
Johnny Bench
Gary Carter

Interested in only blue sharpie signatures, no smudges, smears, etc.

PM's are welcome, or post here. Any help is appreciated, thanks for looking!

Last edited by dgo71; 02-10-2019 at 11:47 AM.