Old 01-12-2013, 12:40 PM

Default Thanks Scuda

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4scuda View Post
There are several pages of windows in my magazine, here are the stores:
1st place Harry Osmer A. G Spalding & Bros 5th Ave NY
2nd. Herpolsheimer Co. Grand rapids MI
3rd. A. G. Spalding & Bros. san francisco
Others, George Sporting Goods Kearney, NE, Emroes, Indianapolis, The Boyce Howel Co. Detroit, MI., The ERB Hrwe Co. Lewistown, Maine. The Vandevort Hrdwe co. Lansing, MI., Lathams, Moosejaw Sak, canada, Idaho HDWRE, Boise Idaho, Steel hrdwre Wichita, KS. Morehouse &Wells Decatur, IL, Volks Inc, Miami, FL.,

Sorry I am running out of steam there are probably 30 more stores displays shown and my photography skills are not great.
Photobucket

4scuda, Thanks for rundown...thirty plus stores...that's a lot of windows. What a great contest which has left us some good entertainment! In retrospect it was an ingenuous idea by the magazine to have such a contest...a win win situation that entertained passersby, was an excellent advertising vehicle for the stores, and no doubt was a source of pride and fun for the store owners and staff. I've had that plaque a number of years and learned more about it thru your post than I ever knew. I know you said you were running out of steam....but I have to tell you...I'd really like to read the story next to that plaque!

Clint, Sorry for dangling that again....nice to hear you appreciate it though, thanks...I'd like to see the large version of that photo...looks like somebody "...... Smith" Sporting Goods...let me know the year if you have it...may have been Nat Wylie's work.