Thread: Restoring cards
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 06:33 PM
Al Richter

Default restoration/alteration

I have never altered a card myself. I do not have the ability to do it. I have no idea if I have altered cards in my collection. For the most part my collection is ungraded, and I have all the Topps and Fleer sets done. I personally think there is no distinction among any of the above card alteration/cleaning methods. If you are opposed to any, I think you should be opposed to all. But I personally think you can do anything you want to your cards. If you do, I think you should say so when you sell them, but I realize many may not, and buyers of expensive cards who buy for value/investment rather than hobby should do so just like any other investor in any other market item, at their own risk.

Houses are restored, cars, furniture, even antique, is restored, paintings/art/sculptures are restored, for age or damage, even ones of great value.

My cards are my cards. I bought them at my risk. When you buy yours you do the same, whether you like it or not. And I would not rely on the opinion of some minion at a grading company that I know for a fact knows less about post war cards than I do to give me peace of mind about the condition of some card

Last edited by ALR-bishop; 01-13-2013 at 12:39 PM.