View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 04:09 PM
C0nor D0na.hue

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdkammeyer View Post
I hope I'm not straying too far off-topic here but your post brings up a question to me.

As noobie as it sounds, I have never sent in a card to be graded. But after I finish my t206 set I had planned to send the entire set in and have it reholdered. Specifically to have all nice, clean, fresh slabs since I plan to display the set and don't want any scratched/scuffed holders.

Since this isn't going to take place for another couple years I haven't done much research on it (costs, time, etc). Are you saying that if I were to send in my set of all PSA 4's that they won't just accept the grade on the card, crack it, and put it in a fresh holder? As you can see in my particular case ... it's a pretty scary thought to send off all 4's after I spent so much time collecting them .... and then getting back some 3's and 5's.

I don't know PSA's policy. But if it is the same as SGC's, which I would assume it is, then they reserve the right to reassess the card and make sure they got it right the first time. I am willing to bet very few out of 500+ would come back different grade, but I would assume a few will.