View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 11:21 AM
John Otto
J0hn Ot.to

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravesfan22 View Post
I wouldnt mind owning a raw one but I just dont feel comfortable buying raw online and I dont have many chances to buy raw in person. Not to mention I'd be too scared I'd damage a raw one and be mad at myself haha.
You know whats funny...I have literally bought thousands of raw cards off ebay over the years, and have only bought a couple of trimmed cards and have been taken care of each time. I have bought 3 graded cards (and freed two of them, haha) with great success. BUT..my brother, who has bought maybe 5 graded cards got totally taken. He bought a 65 Mantle 4, and once in hand the PSA holder was able to come apart with his fingernail and the card had multiple creases. No way it was a 4, and no way the PSA holder should just "pop" open. He is currently in a battle with the seller and mediating with Ebay. This has been going on for a month. So with that said, by percentage alone, buying raw has completely been overwhelmingly the way to go IMHO and I won't trust anything graded. Just reading through all the posts on this forum has completely turned me off to an obviously flawed, biased system that is too easy to forge. Again...just my opinion and has nothing to do with your obvious AWESOME 55 Aaron. I'll gladly trade my raw one for your graded one...

1963 Fleer - 1981-90 Fleer/Donruss/Score/Leaf Complete
1953 - 1990 Topps/Bowman Complete
1953-55 Dormand SGC COMPLETE SGC AVG Score - 4.03

Last edited by Harliduck; 01-29-2013 at 11:25 AM.