View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 12:36 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Default FS: 1973 Topps Mike Schmidt Rookie SGC 88

1973 Topps Mike Schmidt rookie SGC 88 $250 delivered.

Just back from SGC (picked it up from the post office on my lunch hour just a few minutes ago).

Scanned it here at work, so if there are any imperfections on the scans, it's from the scanner bed and not the card. The case is scratch free.

This card is very high end. No back chipping that you see on a lot of them.

***FULL DISCLOSURE***
I bought this card raw a couple of months ago at a local show from a dealer friend of mine. It measured short at the time, so we both assumed it was trimmed and I bought it as such (paid like $30 or $35). When I got it home, I examined it under a loupe and all 4 borders appeared to be factory cut. I changed my opinion from trimmed to cut short from the factory. I decided it was worth sending in to be graded and did so on last month's SGC special. I figured it would grade very high or come back EOT. Well, it came back as an 88. I think it should have graded higher as it is very high end. They were very tough (brutal, in fact) on my entire sub. So, that's where it stands. I'm giving the buyer a heads up, just in case they decide to crack it open and send it in for a re-grade to SGC or PSA. It could come back an 8, could come back higher, could come back EOT (although I really believe that it's not)