Thread: Restoring cards
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 07:52 PM
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by cammb View Post
I see a real big difference in having a hole repaired, trimming or color added to removal of a tape stain. My objection is disclosure. I dont feel its necessary for a dirt or tape stain removal to be disclosed. Having a painting cleaned is a form of restoration and that is always recommended by the experts.
I think having dirt or a tape stain removed is restoration. As I said earlier, I consider taking away or adding anything to the card to be restoration. If there was a piece of tape adhered to a card, I would consider removing that tape restoration. That said, doing that to the card does not necessarily mean that it should be disclosed.

I think there is a fine line on what you should and should not have to disclose when selling a card. I always err on the side of over disclosure. Obviously, adding color, filling holes, trimming the card, etc., should be disclosed. However, if you can clean dirt or a tape stain off the card without the potentially causing long term harm to the card, I wouldn't think that needs to be disclosed. I know people have cleaned cards using fuel that eventually caused the card to fall apart.