View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 11:38 AM
Belltown Vintage

Default Ty 'COBBS' photo on ebay

This was probably cruel, but I had no idea that the seller honestly believed that this photo depicts Honus Wagner and Ty Cobb:

Honus and Ty in a Photo

Out of morbid curiosity, I asked the seller to send me a copy of the research he had done to come to his conclusion. This was the response - I think it's pretty good entertainment for a Friday afternoon (Where do yet get a keyboard that allows this sort of typing?)

The Only Way I Can Answer Your Question Is The Research I Have Done And The Age Of The People That The Photos Belonged Two I'm Going To Have To Say That The Man On The Bottom Right Corner Is Most Definitely Ty Cobbs. Just By The Photo Comparisons I Have Done . Look Up Early Photos Of Ty Cobbs Then Look At The Photo I Have What More Research Do You Need . Plus I Looked Up The Other Guys He May Have Known At The Time Then I Looked Up There Photos And Then I Found Honus Wagner. Then I New That The Man Second On The top left Corner Was Him. And The Family That These Came From Died About 7 Years Ago They Were In There 90s When They Died. They Traveled The World I Also Found A Signed Football That Also Belonged To This Wealthy Family . I Looked For Documentation And Could Not Find Any . I Also Found Photos That Were Dated In The Late 1800s And Sold Every Photo I Found On Line . Just Because Of The Research I Have Done Again Today Leads Me To Believe That Even Tho This Is A Reproduction I Must Higher My Price . I Really Do Believe In The Research I Have Done And Really I Dont No Much About Baseball But I Can Recognize a face that's for sure . I Think That I Am Going To Have This Photo Looked Into By A Professional. Do You Possibly Know Of One That I Can Trust That Would Give Me An Honest Answer?