View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 12:05 PM
_G@ґy*€hℯη_

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
Gary,

You told me that it was done, over and that you’ve moved on. Apparently it’s not and you haven’t. I still don’t know why this auction is such a big deal to you and no so much in other auctions (Plank for example) that I also see outed on the main board? When I asked you what the difference was, all I heard from you was excuses. Then Phil chimed in with an answer, “Same applies to other auction houses as well.” While I disagree with his stance on this matter, I have the utmost respect for his opinion because at least he’s consistent no matter what. His opinion doesn’t change based on circumstances. All I’m hearing from you is basically that sometimes it’s okay and sometimes it’s not. Again, if you feel this strongly on the matter, why haven’t you said anything about the Plank thread (or the many other threads where auctions are outed)? Another poster even pointed out that auctions are outed for contests. Ever speak up in one of those threads to condemn the outing of the auction? Sorry, but you couldn’t be any more wrong about this. And it’s not your opinion that’s wrong - it’s the fact that you opinion seems to change based on the circumstances.
David,

I am done with this auction and have moved on. However, some posts like this one have been directed at me with questions, so I'm answering them. That's all. Also, I still believe that auctions should not be outed in the future.

I was the poster that pointed out that auctions are outed in contests. Leon is the one who usually does the contests. He owns the board, so obviously, he can do what he wants. I'm definitely not going to interfere there. He usually does it to drum up interest in the hobby, and he doesn't do this for obscure auctions. Only those auctions done by major sellers on ebay who start their auctions at 99 cents. So you can say that he's giving them free advertising privileges for that contest duration.