View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 11:34 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
Can't these douchebags just check feedback to determine if I'm a scammer?!?
Most douchebags can't even be bothered to read past the auction title, let alone be researching your feedback. At least the first guy used proper punctuation and grammar. I've learned the hard way that if someone seems determined to call you a scammer from the outset, never having dealt with you before, it's best to just go ahead and block them. Chances are, it's not going to end well if they do decide to "give you a chance" and wind up winning.

Since we're venting about ignorant eBayers, here's an exchange I had not long ago in the final minutes of an auction:

paul77781 messages: the type 1 mickey mantle photo was signed by him in the 50's?

I respond: Please make no mistake, the photo is NOT signed by Mantle. The PSA encapsulation and authentication is for the Type 1 status, NOT a signature. Best, Lance

paul77781 messages: oh it says it was handwritten by him in the auction

I respond: It says his name was handwritten (i.e. not typed), NOT that it was signed by him.

Turns out the guy asking the question was the infamous Joey Farino, and incidentally, the "signature" on the back (a simple ID of the photo's subject) looked nothing like Mantle's signature, modern or vintage. Just goes to show that the "douchebag questions" sometimes come from real live douchebags.