View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 11:36 AM

Default New to This/Any Advice?

Hello All,
I just wanted to introduce myself and ask for advice.
Long story short, I grew up collecting cards in the 90’s. I loved the hobby. I was aged 10-15 and I did it for fun. I would go to large card shows…searching up and down the aisles for my boys Paul Molitor and Robin Yount. Once I got to High School it seems that my interests shifted from Cards to Music and Art. I spent High School and College heading to the record shop and built a large collection of Cd’s and Vinyl’s. Now with the world we live in of the digital downloading, ive lost interest in collecting albums.
Two months ago I read an article about the T206 set of cards and my interest peaked. I have recently become obsessed. They look amazing. I want to start collecting!
I don’t want to flip these, I want to collect the entire set (Over years and years I am assuming. It seems an expensive-ish hobby), but a super fun one. I have researched and learned a lot over the past two months. This is the first forum I have joined, and I just keep getting more and more excited.
I purchased my first card last week, a Jack Knight w/ Bat PSA 3 Piedmont 350. One Card Down, Many more to go!
My question for all of you is,

Am I doing this right? Should I get into this? Is there anything I need to know before starting to do this? What’s the best part about collecting these? What is the worst part?

Any advice would help a fresh beginner who wants to collect.

Thanks Everybody.