View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 07:16 AM
Sc.ott Stif.fler

Quote:
I believe there are different types of transfers and that they effect value differently. Some, like Leon's Meusel, can add a premium, while others may add nothing.
I completely agree Tim. For whatever reason, I split them by "ghost images" where the front of one card ends up on the back of another and "wet sheet transfers" where the back ends up on the front. I understand that there really isn't a difference in how they were formed, but this is how I view them in my mind.

I think "ghost images" are really cool and the strong ones should command a reasonable (strong?) premium. Weaker ones like the following Street, I'm not so sure about -- maybe a very slight premium, maybe nothing.

I think "wet sheet transfers" can also be interesting when they are very strong or just curious. I liked the Johnson below because of the detail in the transfer -- but, I didn't pay a premium for it.

When it is just a hint of an Old Mill that you have to squint to see (like Joss below), then I don't think that they are particularly special.

Last edited by srs1a; 03-05-2013 at 07:18 AM.