View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 02:51 PM
Ron Kornacki - Uncle Nacki

Quote:
Originally Posted by atx840 View Post
Neat Steve.

A while ago I took a high res scan for board member, it does appear to be under the Piedmont ad and "printed" more so then a transfer from another sheet.

Thats a nice clear scan. Seeing that tells me the fronts are printed first and the backs last. Thats an impression cylinder transfer and not a wet sheet transfer. The only thing I have not been able to understand yet is why it's always the same color pass that shows up. Maybe the guy that printed that color didn't pay much attention to his printing press or maybe only a couple sheets got past inspection and all others were caught and destroyed. Has anyone seen any odd T206's with front colors on the backs? I think the next step would be to make a list of all impression sheet transfers with their backs also listed. Most likely many are from the same sheet. I know theres blank backs and Piedmont 350 backs. Are there any others? Doing this could help us learn what cards are on the same sheets and when adding the findings of this to other research, we may be one step closer to learning a sheet layout. One thing I should mention, during the printing, if a full sheet was not fed, then the next full sheet would have the transfer. If a sheet fed late into the press, then the next sheet would only have the transfer on the top section of the sheet. Most likely the sheet that fed late would have been pulled and destroyed but the next one printed with the half transfer would of slipped by. One last thing that I question is why on many impression cylinder transfers do the names, border, and part of the design transfer but on others, its just the design that transfers. Are they actually two different color passes? Maybe its a Brown and/or Black color pass. This would also have to be documented if a list was put together. Maybe someone needs to start a new thread and quote my thoughts and questions. I would love to do it but i'm busy with the T205 website and regular life stuff.

T206 Master Monster Front/Back Set Collector - www.youtube.com/unclenacki
T206 Basic "The Monster" Set 514/524
T206 Advanced "Master Monster" Front/Back Set ????/5258
COMPLETE T206 BACK SUBSETS
Old Mill Southern Leagues - Black Ink 48/48
Sweet Caporal 350-460 Factory 30 Full Color "No Prints" 28/28
NEAR COMPLETE T206 BACK SUBSETS
Polar Bear 245/250
Sovereign 460 50/52
Sweet Caporal 150 Factory 649 Overprint 31/34
Piedmont 350 "Elite 11" 9/11