View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 05:14 AM
Ted Zanidakis

Quote:
Originally Posted by teetwoohsix View Post
Yeah, I bumped a thread from 2010

As you can see, I think I killed the thread so I'm trying to bring it back to life.
I am still not completely convinced that some of the factories didn't (*possibly*) play a part in some of the print runs of the ~back adds~.

It seems to me it would make financial sense to pre print the fronts, ship them to the factories for the back printing, cut them and insert them into the packaging. It appears they had the printing equiptment and it was a simple one color pass. It also seems it wouldmake sense as to why they only used "one color" to print the backs instead of , say, two or three colors (for a more "vibrant" tobacco add........

Any takers?

Sincerely, Clayton
With all due repect Clayton...... we have re-hashed this subject many times. The cards were printed at American Lithographic. First the fronts, then the backs. The jobber
would then cut the sheets down to individual cards and he would ship them to the various Tobacco Factory's.

We have a well-known American Lithographic ledger document (dated Feb. 1911) that shows us completed cards (front & back) and instructs how the T206's & T80's were
to be inserted in the UZIT and LENOX cigarette packs at Factory #30.

Furthermore, there are many other examples, such as WET-SHEET imprints of backs on fronts, printer's test proofs with non-sports fronts on T206 backs, etc., etc.
And, one of the best examples is Leon's Mullaney with several overprints. Hey Leon....it's time to show your wild looking T206 again.

UZIT pack
. .

. .

LENOX pack

TED Z

Last edited by tedzan; 03-26-2013 at 07:20 AM.