Thread: Gehrig JSA
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 08:17 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
With autographs, I think that assuming the best is a dangerous way to collect. If more of us questioned autograph authenticity, and talked about it openly (as a few of us tried to do with 'Babe Ruth' autographs, but were for the most ignored) there would be fewer forgeries.

There isn't enough scrutinization of autographs, and I'm surprised that some of you think there should be even less.
i agree, not enough scrutinization of autographs and the big co's. get a free pass. It's obvious when the defenders want to shut down a debate, they get all defensive. Let's open it up and put the TPA's on the line, spence should be able to say why this passed. If he has good reasons and good exemplars, then let's see them. If not, then i can see why all the silence. He shouldn't have anyting to hide.

There isn't one boxing autograph I have ever seen Mark Ogren look at where he wasn;t able to produce exemplars and explain why it does or does not pass. when Marciano came up, he posted a couple of hundred exemplars. why is he able to do this and spence and grad can't even show one?

Last edited by travrosty; 04-04-2013 at 08:23 AM.