View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 08:06 AM
Andrew Hunt00n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harliduck View Post
Thanks for the comments!

Andy...wow, 10 years...I can't wait for your post of completion! Still very cool to me that there are others with similar goals. Good luck on your quest for the Aaron...I can say I never tire of that card. I think some day I will want another one, I miss the chase. I still find myself looking. It's a sickness. Kaline was my first of the big 3...I too love that card. I'd love to see a scan of yours...
Hey John,

Yup, 10 years and counting. I picked up the Warren Spahn from Kit Young as one of my first real vintage cards when I got back into the hobby at the end of college. I also picked up my first T206 (Hannifan) and a 1956 Ernie Banks at the same time. I was hooked on vintage from then on and it's been a great ride. I decided to go after the entire 1954 Topps set no matter how long it took. There have been times where I've picked up a bunch of commons and times where I've only picked up a couple cards in an entire year. That's why it's taking so long. But I always planned on it being a very long journey and knew I wouldn't be killing the set quickly.

Here are a couple of my cards including my Kaline.

Thanks a lot,

AndyH
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1954 Topps Al Kaline RC.jpg (30.7 KB, 278 views)
File Type: jpg 1954 Topps Robinson.jpg (53.5 KB, 277 views)
File Type: jpg 1954 Topps Ted Williams.jpg (48.5 KB, 277 views)

The Great T206 Back Stamp Project: Click Here
My Online Trading Site: Click Here
Member of OBC (Old Baseball Cards), the longest running on-line collecting club www.oldbaseball.com
My Humble Blog: Click Here