Thread: Babe Ruth?
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 09:02 AM
James Graham
James Gra.ham

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
Is the condition of the ticket the only reason you think it's bad? I have tickets from the 1940s with 4 sharp corners and no creases...tickets weren't flipped, traded, or put in bicycle spokes. This one was signed by the greatest ballplayer of all time...who wouldn't put that in a scrapbook or in a safe place? It's not like this stub was walking around in a wallet for 40 years.
Condition is one of the primariy reasons, mainly because of the story and who held the ticket. It wasn't held by a collector per se. The idea that this thing was placed directly into a case and put in a safe for 20 years is not believable to me.
That coupled with the info Scott has provided and other examples I have come across in the past...it just doesn't add up.

Sometimes you need to go with your gut and my gut is telling me no.

I would love to believe it's real and would love to see it be real, I just can't believe it.
"What I have done after my baseball career -- being able to help people with their lives and getting their lives back on track so they become productive human beings again -- that means more to me than all the things I did in baseball" - Don Newcombe

https://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/jgmp123