View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 12:27 AM
Glenn
Gl.en.n Willr1ch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harliduck View Post
I'm a post war vintage guy, but see the same thing. I've actually now seen a couple of cards where I was the underbidder showing up here on our B/S/T for three or four times the ebay won price. I don't mind someone trying to make a little profit, but some seem ridiculous...
I've said it many times, I'm all for sellers trying to make a little profit, hell I've been known to be very generous in my offers compared to recent sales on certain cards. But I draw the line when sellers act like an a$$ with me by deliberately asking 2-3 times what a card has been selling for. They think just because they see a couple fluke large price spikes on a couple rare cards here and there in major auction houses, that everybody is a moron now and willing to way overpay for every single card.

It's an annoying trend that's been growing a lot lately not only here but on Ebay as well. It's caused a handful of my former collecting buddies, whom I've known since the late 90's when we all got into vintage cardboard, to completely leave the hobby. Not because they didnt have deep enough pockets (which definitely wasn't the case), it was because they were tired of constantly dealing with unrealistic sellers for every little thing.

Ok rant over........

Last edited by Shoele$$; 04-09-2013 at 12:28 AM.