View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 08:18 AM
Mark Fox

Adrian, congrats on the pickups, you've certainly jumped feet first into the deep end. I haven't commented on any of your threads yet just been sitting back, reading and enjoying the banter to be honest.

Maybe you just enjoy all the attention your threads bring you, but my only comment/question would be, are you familiar with the phrase "discretion is the better part of valor"? There are many collectors on here with amazing collections who have the resources to acquire some tremendous pieces for their collection. But you rarely if ever will you find them on here posting/creating their own threads to show off, announce, broadcast and flaunt their purchases. They'll post it in the "Pickups" thread where such posts belong and be done with it. It doesn't bother me, some however might take a dim view of your posting tactics and might account for some of the abrasive(?) comments.

On the positive, you're so far out of my collecting limits, at least I know you won't be going after any of the cards I collect which should help keep my costs down