View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 10:53 AM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew H View Post
Which Cabinets went for pretty fair prices? I wasn't bidding/tracking them all but I thought the ones I was looking at went at or above what I thought they would. I bid on a few... Maybe I'm a cheap-o? My limited knowledge Could be wrong... but I think 300-700 for photos of common ball players in street clothes is quite a bit. I liked the Mutrie the most, mainly because I'm used to seeing him in street clothes. It still went for more than I wanted to pay. The higher-end stuff had strong prices... In my opinion.
The N173 of Kelly was an unusually nice albumen image, in my opinion. I was the underbidder, and kind of regret not going a bit higher.

I thought the 1891 Joseph Hall Giants cabinet went high. It was also weird that they thought there would be argument over the missing '1' digit at the end of 1891. Perhaps they did that in order to make it seem unique, but Lew Lipset sold one of these a while back that had the entire '1891', and also almost an inch more of the top of the mount.

The other commons might have gone high because they were probably from one of the Ewings' estate.