View Single Post
Old 05-11-2013, 04:42 PM
David Pierson
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by travrosty View Post
it could be done with money NO object, billions spent on perfecting the technique, then i believe it could be done without anyone detecting it to be counterfeit. UNLESS, money was no object to the people in charge of detecting the counterfeit, then it could be possible to spend billions on a system/technique for detecting it as well. it would be a race.

case in point, north korean 100 dollar bill counterfeit notes. they have gotten so good at it, that even banks in the united states can't tell they are counterfeit, but the u.s. gov't itself has found a couple of very minute flaws that give them away, but they are scary good, and that is counterfeiting currency that has been designed to specifically thwart counterfeiting, not old cards with basically very little in the way of anti-counterfeiting measures other than the fact that you have to find old paper and ink, or a way of simulating old paper and ink.

in short, if the u.s. govt wanted to do it, and put endless resources, it could be done, we dug the panama canal, created hoover dam, put man on the moon, printing old cards??? i think so.
I pretty much agree!