View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 08:02 AM
Nobody
Adri@n Mullig@n

Paul S

lolllll!!!! I think I will spend a bit more time here for the next while!!!

Well actually I have just purchased 10 PSA 8 graded Mantle cards (mostly cards from the 60's so far) and want to build a set in that grade (and ALL will be PSA...I believe in PSA for post war cards) except for of course the 52 Topps and 51 Bowman. I am happy with the 52 Topps I have in PSA 4 and will not be up grading in the future. It looks like a 5 so why bother. And as far as the 51 Bowman one in PSA 5 would be just fine with me!!!

Now that I know there are some very rare Mantle cards like the 1 the guy posted here with only 2 known I now know I will never have a complete Mantle set....but I am OK with that.

I was going to start buying Babe Ruth cards but just can't seem to pull the trigger and get little satisfaction from him. Mantle is the icon of baseball I truly enjoy collecting....and much much cheaper than buying PSA 8 Ruth cards.

Even if graded PSA 8 the cards I am buying have to have 50/50 centering or very very close to that....otherwise I will pass and simply wait for one to show up.

Don't get me wrong Ruth was a legendary player just find most of his cards dull looking!!!

So my collecting will be limited to Mantle cards and T206 cards (the rarer ones and the elite pitchers in action poses). I know I will buy a Ruth rookie (graded a 1 or 2 maximum) some time in the next year but that will be all for me and Ruth.

Last edited by Zone91; 05-14-2013 at 08:26 AM.