View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 12:51 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhs5120 View Post
I purchased several autographed items from a recent AH auction, everything was "Pre-Certified" by PSA/DNA. I recieved the items and was a little skeptical of one item in particular - it was an index card from a larger lot. I sent it in with several other items and included the pre-certified LOA paper thing, along with my invoice. About a month later the results become available online, everything was deemed authentic except this one item.. I called up customer service and they couldn't have been more helpful. After a second review, they confirmed that it was not authentic and they issued me a voucher for the SMR price of the autograph and the submission fees (which in this case is more than I paid for the item).

In a forum littered with horror stories and worst case scenarios, I felt it appropriate to share a good experience with PSA.

Jason
Jason, I had a similar situation - pre-certified lot with very questionable autographs. I asked them to take another look, they told me they did, they said they were good. At least two (and I specifically pointed these two out to them) were not good. That was the exact moment where I quit paying any attention to PSA LOA's. The only time their opinion means anything to me now is when I know that JSA and PSA are both looking at an item and PSA refuses to certify it.

If PSA thinks an autograph is bad, it's either too complicated for them or it's bad.