View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013, 11:41 AM
Nobody
Adri@n Mullig@n

Brianruns10

The 52 Topps Mantle to me is always going to be a good card I have been collecting cards mostly hockey since 1989 and the Mantle has always done well when it looks nice for the grade be it a PSA 1 or a PSA 10. I would not buy a ugly looking Mantle just to say I own one...that would be a bad move in my opinion for any collector.

People talk down on the Mantle sometimes (but those are the same people most of the time who would die to own one and can't afford it and simply wish the price went down so they could buy one...and truth be told Mantle has millions of fans that collect his cards...not to many players in ANY sport can claim that....OK maybe Babe Ruth) but truly Mantle is king of the post war cards and has always been....no new player will eclipse Mantle in popularity when it comes to card collecting...Barry Bonds has 762 home runs almost no one cares about him same can be said about 99,99% of the new players.

Your Matthew card is also a very good card to own again only if it looks nice for the grade like yours seems to be.

People ALMOST always talk down on cards deep down they most want....the nature of humans to try to get a deal!!! But the day a collector actually has one in his hands that he actually owns believe me that collector will be super proud to own the 52 Topps Mantle....that goes for 99,99% of collectors....and maybe 0,01% who are always unhappy no matter what good fortune happens in their life.

Post # 6

Last edited by Zone91; 05-21-2013 at 12:23 PM.