View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 09:56 AM

Well on the one hand, it looks too god awful to be a fake...most tend to have decent to perfect centering to really entice the buyer. But then again the faker may be thinking that very thing, that if he makes it off centered and banged up people won't question it's authenticity.

But the biggest red flag is always the buyer. Study their history. I did. He SEEMS to have a good rating, but that's largely as a buyer. As a seller, he is far less experienced, and most of his sales are 61 topps or new junk.

If this were a card being offered by a dealer with a cred, like 707 or Probstein, I'd say you're fine, but this guy...I wouldn't risk it.

Besides, that card is crap. Sure he may fill a hole in your collection, but it's a junk example of a great card, with little future resale value, and zero eye appeal. I say get the best you can get, and if you can't afford to get more than junk, you should save up.

And I'm not a rich dude either. I certainly make less than most people my age, and I'm building the 52 set, in PSA 6-7 range. I could easily do the set buying crummy 1s and 2s, but I care much more about the quality, and I save to buy each card. It takes longer, requires patience and dedication, but the rewards are sweet when you finally get that card you've coveted, and later one when you reap the rewards should you choose to sell that card, because you chose to invest in a card with condition and eye appeal that draws buyers.