View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 11:12 AM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

I think given the negative attention that psa had gotten lately, I'm gonna trend towards the possibility that higher grades(in PSA) may not be held in "as high" of a regard 5 years from now.

Now having said that, the Hall of famers jump to the top, the rarer backs(I believe) will keep trending upwards...So Hof with the rarer backs..(even assuming you meant non-elites)...I also think the non-elites will trend upwards on their own anyways...

I think SOME of the reason's that the non-elites are valued so low, could be the perception created by the guides. It's hard to justify a significant price jump in the books on a card that's been valued at almost common price for so long, just because of an election almost 80-100 years after a player's playing days. Most pre-war cards rarely change "book values", and most of the time the pre-war and/or more obscure sets seem to be priced based on tiers rather than actuality. I think at some point this may change and the marginal hofer will go up a few ticks, and just be viewed as a HOFer, with his once common days a faded memory....

Last edited by novakjr; 05-28-2013 at 11:12 AM.