View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 12:28 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

On the same topic, but not baseball; I did a similar thing with Bobby Orr about 25 years ago. I do legal research in property law so I view a lot of deeds, mortgages and the such with legal signatures. I also look up home addresses by searching for the deeds. Anyway, Bobby Orr was doing an appearance when that life size statue of him was on public display. I asked him to sign as he would if he was signing a mortgage. He signed Robert G. Orr. I was possibly the first person to ever ask him as everyone wanted to buy it once they saw it.

Just a note regarding those legal documents. You are not required to sign your first middle and last name if that is not what you use. Many of these documents require your signature and if that does not include your middle name or initial, or first name in the case of Lance, then you do not have to sign that way. There is always the option to add the clause 'who signs as' in any granting clause. This is from 25+ years of doing this work. I have a middle name, but do not use it. It is on my passport and drivers license, but the signature is first and last name only. I also take title to real property using first and last only and not the middle initial. I have had documents redrafted if they include my middle initial.

Last edited by Michael B; 05-29-2013 at 12:28 PM.