View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013, 09:30 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve B View Post
I've never heard of anyone else working that way, It's very hard on the equipment and probably on the budget too. My friend never did tell me who it was, just said to pay attention to the photo credits and see who had the most.
I'll say! Hard all around, but I guess if you were keen to get that one millisecond shot like you say, maybe that's how you had to do it. Hard to believe it would have been worth the added expense unless you were re-selling the same primo image to multiple outlets.

Incidentally, I have heard of some photographers more recently just shooting super-high-definition video and then going frame by frame to select the shots they want. I believe this was for a fashion magazine cover shoot, not sports-related, and all done digitally so that there was no developing cost. Still kind of the same idea as your guy though. I guess it just took technology 30 years to catch up to his methods enough to make it affordable