View Single Post
Old 06-06-2013, 08:03 AM
Belltown Vintage

Default Memory Lane policies

Just thought I'd let the board know, since it's not in their stated policies:

If Memory Lane misrepresents an item (sells you a piece of crap that is not what was described in the auction), the customer eats the return postage.

It cost me $26.05 to look at a group of hacked-up Spalding Guides, plus the aggravation. That was my second experience with Memory Lanes, and definitely my last. What was really puzzling and irritating was that on the initial phone call, without my prompting, their rep told me NOT to worry about shipping - just tell them what it was and they would cover it.

After shipping, I gave them my cost and they did NOT cover it. Then when I asked about it, they asked me if a $27 credit was okay. I said 'no' - send a check. I was then told that it is not their policy to pay return shipping and that I could get the credit. If this didn't work for me, the employee who made the mistake would write a personal check at his expense. That was about the oddest, most unprofessional statement I've ever heard from an auction house, but it will certainly be the last from this one.