View Single Post
Old 06-06-2013, 04:57 PM
Bill Boyd

Lordstan,
This is actually my cousin's collection, and I have been working with him, as he knows nothing. It was inherited from a great uncle all Ruths. The cousin's father wants to distribute the photos amongst the family, but how do you do that equally and fair when some are valuable than others. They have decided to sell, but father is the last holdout, but they will bring him around to their way of thinking.
The collection may have some unstamped VanOeyens photos, and I am researching and have some positive proof, and these photos are what I was debating about. Slab or not slab.
We have others to check, and we were hoping that collection would come out soon, but this process is taking longer then we thought. We are looking at selling in Spring of 2014, but who knows, could be sooner.
Most of the collection, not much to talk about, special interest photo, golf, fishing, hunting, Japan Tour, etc. but there are some good ones besides those.
I have been on this site before and showed a couple of the photos back in December, and after getting as much information as possible, we are at the point of getting the authentications. About 160 photos is a lot of money in authentications, hope the bulk rate is much lower.
We haven't sold as much as a Coot Veal in our selling history, so this has been very slow. But I have bought some stuff, just was never a seller.