Thread: Set Consistency
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013, 08:45 AM
John Otto
J0hn Ot.to

Battersbox - I was tired of buying "NM" cards to have them show up with creases...looking at his feedback alone shows buying cards from him is a gamble. I will however say his prices are super cheap for buying raw cards to fill sets. I just wouldn't recommend his grading.

Deans Cards - My wife for Christmas bought some cards off one of my set lists needs. Great cards and she said his customer service was top notch. She hates ebay and liked he took the time to talk to her on the phone, and he even followed up with a call to make sure the cards arrived and were satisfactory. I was really impressed. I finally got the cost out of her and found the price to be above ebay...enough to where me personally wouldn't go there. BUT...I wouldn't discourage any gifts from the wife and it is about service and trust with her, not knowing anything about cards. I really appreciate that.

Just wanted to pass on my .02$

I try and keep my sets in the same raw grade the best I can. I know sets are judged on the stars, so I try and make them the highest grade I can...

1963 Fleer - 1981-90 Fleer/Donruss/Score/Leaf Complete
1953 - 1990 Topps/Bowman Complete
1953-55 Dormand SGC COMPLETE SGC AVG Score - 4.03